Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We like to draw!



Sean discovered that drawing is a lot of fun and he really enjoys putting his vision on a piece of paper more than ever.  Actually, he had trouble drawing before.  He needed a lot of step by step assistance to draw anything.  His OT had worked hard on it and I am sure that has something to do with his new found hobby.  I do believe though that Sean is starting to do more "regular" kid stuff ever since he started his kindergarten.  I can see it in the work he does at the classroom.  It seemed that the preschool teacher was struggling to have Sean finish his writing exercise.  Now, he brings home more labor intensive exercise pages, most of them completed, without much help from the teacher. 

When Sean draws, Saya and Aly draw as well.  Three of them can be seen sitting side by side, creating similar artwork on their paper (Aly copies everything Sean does and Saya to Aly).  I feel pretty happy seeing them sitting together quietly.  Sean is a perfectionist, therefore he will work on his art until he feels it is perfect.  I am so glad he enjoys drawing now.  Sean is surprising me everyday and I love seeing him learn and take up new interests like this!

Noah is not into drawing yet, but I have a feeling he is going to be a great artist.  That kid has a super tactile senses.  When he touches you, you know he is not just touching.  It is hard to explain, but it feels as if he is getting a lot more information than what's obvious.   Watch out for little Noah! 

No comments: