Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Walkathon at Spiritridge

Sean walking in rain.  He did a god job!

He was so happy to see Mommy and Saya.

Waiting for others to gather.

We went to pick up Aly at her Japanese school after the walkathon.
So in most American public schools, the better schools have stronger PTA support. Spiritride Elementary has a reputation for highly organized PTA and more parents willing to volunteer in whatever needed done at school. If I didn't have younger kids to take care of, I would have jumped to join the spirit. I am contemplating though to use 30 minutes out of my short free time I have on Friday mornings.

On early October, the school held an annual walkathon to raise money for school programs.  Since Saya and I were in between pick -ups, we decided to go cheer Sean.  The children were walking around field in light rain.  When Saya and I arrived, we spotted Sean's green jacket immediately.  He was very much concentrated and marching along with other students.  He walked around the field 7 times and successfully completed the targeted distance.  He was very proud of himself and I was glad I could show him support in the little time that I had.  In the very short time I observed, he was following directions from the teachers fine and was interacting with other children.  When his kindergarten classed lined up and walked towards his classroom, he kept looking back at Saya and I, waving good bye until he couldn't see any more.  He is doing great and I cannot be more proud of our big boy!!

No comments: