Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Saya and Chopsticks


Little Saya has been wanting to use what she calls "hasami" (scissors in Japanese) at meals.  She asked for hasami" several times and I didn't understand why she was asking for scissors during dinner time.  I finally got it when I saw Aly using it and it does look like a pair of scissors since it's a training chopsticks and the top portion is connected.  I wasn't sure if she was ready, but I let her use one to see how she does.  To my surprise, she did great!  She ate an entire dinner with her chopsticks.  At first she was frustrated, but she learned very quickly.  It's so cute to see Saya concentrating so hard, using her chubby little hands to scoop up food from her plate.  I would say using chopsticks are excellent fine motor skills exercise for little children!  

No comments: