Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Kokoro Chan, the green caterpillar

Whenever I take Aly's picture, Saya marches right in and demand to have her photo taken!  Funny girl!

Aly was very excited to take care of a little caterpillar!

As I was cleaning up my garden, Aly spotted a green caterpillar on my kale plant.  I thought she was going to scream and run away, but she was admiring him (we decided it's a boy) as if he is a fluffy bunny.  Since I cut the leaf the caterpillar was resting on, I asked Aly if she wants to take him home and watch him grow.  Aly was so excited and helped me build his new home.  She said his name is "Kokoro Chan" meaning something like "good caring nature of a person".  I don't know where she heard it, but I thought it's a nice name.  I washed a glass jar that had salsa in it and Aly helped me put the additional leaves of kale in there.  She was excited to have her own pet and carried him everywhere, although I told her not to disturb him so much.  However, her enthusiasm had done him harm and I think Kokoro-chan died.  I haven't told her yet, but his skin is changing its color to blackish green...  Hmmm or maybe it's something to do with the jar had spicy salsa in it even though I wash it with soap?  Who knows...  I feel bad for the little caterpillar, but a little girl really liked you... 

No comments: