Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's been a while...

Kids like to run on loops around the kitchen and living room.  Sean is the fastest, but everyone is a winner!

It's blurry, but I love this photo of Saya!  She is always in the middle of the action!

Saya's hands and arms.  They are plump and soft.

There was an unseasonably warm day in late Sept and we enjoyed one last day of summer.

Aly before bedtime, cuddling with Grace.

My friend Miki's baby.  He is seven month old and holding him reminded me of my babies who grew up too fast.

As I was taking picture of the baby, Saya walks in demanding her piece of attention!

The siblings at Seattle Center.

Sean was so happy that day to be able to visit the Space Needle again.

Alyson is everyone's friend.  She joins fun in very good spirit!

Sean with downtown Seattle in the background.  He was fascinated by locations and directions of things.

Aly was slightly too short to look at the views on the deck.

We were taking a break inside.  Even then, Sean wouldn't sit still because he didn't want to miss anything.

Aly finally graduated her crib mattress!  She looks so small in a twin bed, but now she can comfortably move around without her feet sticking out. 


Hello everyone!  It's been a long time since I updated this blog.  My laptop's motherboard died and I lost my main computer, which I was so accustomed to using is now gone.   In replacement, Mike got me an iPad2 in a Sunday afternoon impulsive gotta-have-it rush.  He literally took off around 3:30 pm and went to the Apple Store in the mall.  I like my iPad2.  But I haven't figured out how to upload the photos I took onto it yet and the typing on a little keyboard is like running in water.  It will take a while for me to get used to my new toy and I thought I would save my consciousness and update my blog using Mike's computer tonight. 

Where do I begin?  Well, I realize that the climate has changed to cool since my last post.  We wear long sleeved shirts and a jacket, and it feels cold even so in the mornings.  The children seem to be always warm since they run around a lot, but I am finding myself bundling up so that I would actually feel like moving and doing something. 

Sean is doing fine at school it seems.  I don't have much chance to chat with the teacher but in the very little conversations we had, she said even though it's hard to get him to pay attention sometimes, he is trying really hard and doing well.  He has a weekly assignment which is due on Fridays and we do all of it on Tuesdays every week.  He complains at first but he does it every week, usually more motivated to finish from the middle part of the homework.  I am proud of him for working so hard and doing well in a class three times bigger than his preschool class last year.  I knew he can do it and I am so pleased with his progress!

His current obsession is "downtown" and directions (like north, south, west, east).  For some reasons, he loves downtown.  Everywhere we drive, he asks where downtown Seattle and Bellevue is.  I am tired of answering his repetitive questions, so I ask him where does he think it is.  He knows exactly which direction they are at, so he swiftly answers me.  I have to count how many time he asks "which way is xxxxxx?" in a day.  I can handle it after my morning coffee, but he could drive me insane.   He enjoys going to high places so that he can see the mountains and ocean.  Mike took Aly and Sean to Space Needle three weeks ago and Sean was the happiest kid looking at the panoramic views from the top.  The following weekend, I took Sean and Aly to see the historic Smith Tower, but the parking was crazy in the area due to the Seahawk's home game.  So, I took them again to Space Needle.  Sean wanted to spend a long time there pointing out certain things and asking questions about it.  It must be fascinating to little kids to see so many buildings, the ocean and mountains stretched out so far.   I can understand why he had many questions then.  The world is so big!

Alyson and Saya are adorable together. Saya copies everything, good and bad, and they look happy being each other's playmate.  Aly said the other day that her best friend is Saya.  That just made my day.  All the hard work of having kids close in age is paying off, I thought.  She is getting very good with coloring and writing.  Saya is getting cuter everyday!  She is getting more independent and she insists on doing things by herself.  For example, if I carried her out of the car, she exclaims "no, I want to do it myself!" and goes back in the car and jumps out by herself.  She is a funny girl.  She still has a baby look on her face though and I am so glad.  I am giving her lots of cuddles and hugs while she still fits in my arms side way.

Noah is a Mr. Mischief.  He earned the title on Monday, officially.  He decided that it would be fun to pull the red plastic lever on the wall at his therapy center and made everyone drop what they were doing and go outside.  Yep, he pulled the fire alarm.   The children at the center are very noise sensitive and they do not like unexpected events.  The therapists were soothing them and doing their best not to upset them further.  I was in disbelief and apologized to everyone around.  We stood in the rain until the fire truck came and the fire fighter gave us the permission to go back inside.  Just as we began to settle down, he pulled it again while his therapist was holding him.  We looked at each other wide-eyed and our jaws dropped, we shrunk a few inches that moment while Noah looked pleased with his amazing reach.  At home, he can now open doors and he can be seen getting into things everywhere.  Oh boy... what to do with  this little boy who found a new freedom and tripled his curiosity?

I have a lot to write obviously, but I think I will stop here.

Thanks for reading and I will promise I will come back and update soon.

No comments: