Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baking Hat


I've decided to pull out my dusty bread machine and start baking again.  My friend, Yukie, is an excellent baker and cook and she inspired me to give bread machine another try.  I baked my first loaf of bread in two years and it turned out great.  It tasted so much better than the bread we buy at the store.  I also made a chili to go with the bread and Mike gobbled them up like a college kid.  It's always a good sign when he doesn't talk much while eating.  Sean was amazed at how a bread came out of this big square machine.  He kept saying "mmmmm, it smells so yummy" as it was baking.  I found a recipe for gluten and milk free bread, so I have to try it.  So, the machine moved in to the kitchen again instead of being put away in the storage.  I hope I stick with it this time!

No comments: