Sunday, November 25, 2012

Go Daddy Go, Yeah!! - Seattle Marathon








Our super Daddy ran a tough marathon today!  It was his first and he did great.  The course runs through streets of Seattle which is extremely hilly like in San Francisco.  Due to running up and down for 4 hours, his knees are shot.  They started to hurt from 10 miles on, but he didn't give up. He ran the whole way.  We are very proud of our Daddy!  Sean and I went to cheer him on and thanks to a cool app which let me track his where abouts, I knew exactly when he will be passing where Sean and I stood.  We positioned ourselves near the finish line on top of a hard incline since I thought he would need a bunch of encouragements then.  We spotted Daddy climbing up and waved and cheered him on.  Sean proudly showed him a sign he made which said "Go Daddy, Go Daddy Go Go Go, Yeah!!" (he is good at picking catchy phrase and words).  I am pretty sure Mike was so touched by that.  It was a very chilly day here in Seattle and Sean's little fingers were losing senses as we were standing on the side for a good an hour.  He said "Mommy, I can't feel my fingers", but he held the sign tightly and didn't complain at all. 

Marathon is such a tough sport that tests the physical and mental ability.  Mike impresses me for taking on a hard challenge like this and keep looking ahead.  Being a Dad to four young children in itself is a big challenge and I am very proud of him for being out there and expanding his horizon.  Maybe I should consider doing a half marathon soon?  I have to think about that one...

No comments: