Saturday, November 10, 2012

Japan Trip Part 3 - A True Vacation at its BEST!

After spending a few days in Japan, I finally popped out of the floating bubble to get down to the real business - relaxing and having fun.  My life for the past six years has been crazy.  I am often asked how I could manage everything I do, including the stress of having multiple children with special needs.  I keep going because I need to - the lives of my kids and family would halt if I do not move forward.  But in Japan, I could finally stop and not worry about what I need to do next.  That was very refreshing to me.  I was home safe with my Mom and Dad.  The security and comfort I felt are unique to where I was - I would not be able to attain this relaxation even if I am laying on the beach in Hawaii. 

I wake up in the morning and walk down the hall to the dining room and sit at the table.  My Mom greets me and I greet her back.  She then starts to place breakfast of miso soup, rice, grilled fish, vegetables and coffee in front of me.  It was that easy!  No running around like a crazy woman trying to get kids fed and pack their lunch boxes.  I was a 40-year-old child and it felt good to be one.  My Mom had to take care of me and the girls and I really appreciated her kindness!

I was finally able to go to Alyson's kindergarten on Tuesday.  She fussed a little since she wanted to stay with me and Saya, but the teacher handled it very well.  Saya marched right into Aly's classroom and soon her classmates hoovered around Saya.  They are all 4 year-olds, but Saya was taller than many of them.  Alyson was towering over all of them and she looked so big.  There is only one teacher in class "peach" and I was quite impressed she is able to handle 30 plus wiggly children by herself.  The classroom was bright and it was a nurturing environment.  The principle looked like a genuinely nice person and enjoys working with children.  I was happy to see she was in good hands.

That afternoon after Aly came home, we took a cab to a local Babiesrus to have a portrait of the girls wearing kimono done.  My aunt Kyoko met with us there so that she could take us to a very good sushi place near Senri afterwards.  The photo shoot was hilarious.  First of all though I must say that Alyson looked stunning in a red kimono.  She had her hair done and put red lipsticks on, too.  When she came out of the dressing room, everything seemed to stop.  Saya wore a pastel pink and blue kimono and she looked like a cute bundle of fluff, light and dreamy.  The vest she wore made her look like a little granny and she had no neck.  Alyson was cooperative for the most part, but Miss Saya was not willing to pose or stay put.  It seemed like we didn't get any good shots of her however the end products looked great!  What a group of professionals!  After a bunch of sweats - the studio was hot and I was busy trying to make Saya listen to the photographer - it was time for a good sushi!  Aunt Kyoko drove us quite far to feed me well and I really appreciate her thoughtfulness.  It was a sushi belt place with a huge variety of fish.  I didn't even know the names of some fish.  They were all firm and fresh.  I felt pretty lucky!  Saya fell asleep in Aunt Kyoko's car and when I went to the car to get her, it was pouring outside.  We got so wet, Saya started to shiver.  Everyone around felt quite sorry for her - a shivering toddler buys lots of sympathy.

It started to rain hard on Wednesday and it was not a good news since we were leaving for Tokyo the next day to visit Mickey Mouse in Disneyland.  I was happy though to be able to see my little sister, Chika-chan at a coffee shop nearby.  I've known her since she was in kindergarten as she was my Mom's student (my Mom is an English teacher).  She is like a little sister to me and we spent many years together doing mostly good things.  I hadn't seen her since her daughter, now in middle school, was only a toddler.  It was great to catch up and introduce Saya to her.  She is very energetic, cute and funny.  I received a positive energy from her and how nice it is to have a great childhood friend like that!  I will make sure to spend more time I see her as I felt our visit was too short!

I will write about the Tokyo trip on the next post~

The perfect meal - a dark beer, good rice from my uncle's rice patch, fish, veggies, and all sorts of good stuff.  Alyson made my meals complete~

Jet lagged Saya fell asleep without eating dinner.  Jiji looking on.

On the way to Aly's kindergarten.  It's only a few blocks away.

Saya, come here!  This way is my classroom!

She is Aly's sister?  Wow, her hair is curly!

Lunch at school.  Baked chicken, seaweed salad, sweet potato miso soup with rice.  Yummy!

Not a good picture of my Aunt Kyoko, but she is the one on the left.  She and my Mom look a lot like each other.

Chika-chan and Saya.  Saya was not in a mood to smile at the camera.

No comments: