Saturday, February 22, 2014

Indoor Photoshoot - Yoga






Winter may be wet outside but it's a dry season for portrait photographers.  Dark lighting and rain don't mix well with the cheerful nature of family pictures plus my camera isn't that good in darker light.  The only alternative is creating an indoor studio and using artificial lights to bring the sunshine inside.  I am not much experienced with indoor photoshoots and my camera is temperamental with low lights (nothing beats the sunny sun), so I have much to improve (and a new camera).  My friend though asked me to take her yoga photos again, so I thought it would be a perfect chance to practice.

Good thing I didn't charge her for it.  I wasn't too satisfied with the outcome.   However, my friend was pretty happy with what I did.  I exclaimed to Mike that I definitely need a better camera and that was something I couldn't tell him before since a high quality cameras are expensive.  He said yes, so I am pretty happy about that. 

I am waiting for spring to arrive so that my photographer in me can come out and get moving.  I keep looking for the signs when I walk my neighbor's dog around the neighborhood.   My neighbor, Jerry, is very sick and the neighbors are helping him out by walking his dog or bringing some hot meals.  I love my neighborhood for having such a caring group of people.  Jerry is a great person and we are happy to pitch in. 

No comments: