Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snow and Productive Sunday




Well today was a good day.  It snowed overnight and our neighborhood was blanketed in fluffy white snow when we woke up.  Kids get so excited when it snows.  All they wanted to do in the morning was play in it and make a snowman.  After finishing breakfast in a record speed, they went outside to play.  Aly and Saya worked on making a small snowman first.  Aly ran into the kitchen door saying "Mommy, I need a carrot for the snowman!"  All I had was a bag baby carrots, so I gave her a tiny carrot for her snowman's nose.  She also took two blueberries for eyes.  Sean worked on a big one with Henry.  It was so large and labor intensive, they didn't even get to make the head part.  They got bored with it or got distracted and abandoned the snowman making plan all together.  They all went to our neighbor's yard after a while and threw around snowballs and played on sleds.  They had a good time.  We live in an awesome neighborhood where we know all the kids and we are comfortable sending our kids to each other's house.  Sean and Aly went to Henry's house and they fed them lunch there.  I really love my neighborhood!

Saya was invited to her friend's birthday party in the afternoon and she had a good time with her little friend.  It was a make-up party, so Saya got her make up done.  She also had her nails done and she was very pleased with how it turned out.  We rarely encourage girls to wear make up or have manicure done in Japan, so it's pretty interesting to me.  The girls love it and I guess this is how they get familiar with it.  I don't wear much make up myself but I get a feeling my girls are going to be a full on make up person when they are in high school!  The little girls were all so cute and I made some new friends.

I say today was a productive day because Mike was on fire!  He vacuumed the entire house, cleaned all the bathrooms and made dinner!  Wow, amazing!  I like it when he is in the mood to get things done.  Usually he gets grumpy in the evening when he worked hard during the day, but he was even pleasant in the evening.   When the parents are in a good mood, the kids do much better, too.  So, all in all it was a very good day and a good start to Aly and Noah's birthday week!  Aye, not sure if I am ready for this whirlwind of a week.  We are having a small party for Alyson with her friends at home on Saturday.  I will also be taking some goodies to school on Tuesday for both kids so that they can celebrate their birthday with their classmates, too.  They are going to be 6 already?  My tiny twin babies are growing up so fast.    Time sure flies!

No comments: