Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Last Photography Assignment






My photography class ended yesterday and I am a little sad about it.  The class was only five days in total, but it became a part of my life.  I used to never at least in recent years carry my camera with me while doing my usual errands, but I started to.  I didn't want to miss any photo opportunities since I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to photography.  I am constantly looking for photo subjects and materials when I am walking or driving around.  Easily transformed.  I guess I really do like taking pictures!

The last assignment was to take pictures of something that is red.  The theme is very broad and open which makes it quite hard to narrow down.  I initially wanted to take pictures of food like kimchee and my friend's husband's red car (he is a mechanic and has many customized cars), but I ended up buying two red balloons for the girls and went on a photo shoot session at the nearby farm. 

The photo shoot went OK, I usually get lucky with photography.  It was in the late afternoon and the sun was drawing long shadows and making pretty colors in the sky.  The animals were gone but I only went there for the historic barn.  The beautiful white barn was built in 1930s and it's a photographer's dream.  Nothing speaks country than a barn and and it being white makes it a great backdrop.  The barn didn't disappoint me especially with the soft afternoon sunlight.  The girls were good models, too.  We all had fun out there.

The instructor liked my pictures.  He particularly liked the shadow piece.  He stared at my picture for a long time and that was a good sign.  In the class, each student show their assignment work on a big screen.  We critique each piece and give advice and what not.  No work is perfect, so it is good to get opinions of others.  It teaches me to be more watchful when editing next time.  When the class was over and thanked the instructor for his help, he told me that he thought I outshone in the class and I am very good.  That just made my day.  Yes, I will keep taking pictures now thank you very much!  I am so grateful for this opportunity and I will definitely become the best photographer I can be.

No comments: