Thursday, October 29, 2009

6 shots, 3 appointments, Single Parent Night


Here I am, having a hearty bowl of soup which I made earlier in the day at 10:00 PM, finally able to relax after another busy day yet. Husband's still missing in action. At 7:30 pm, I finally sent him a txt message and his reply was "sorry, will be late tonight". Well, that changes the evening plan! That means I have to bathe them and do all the bedtime routine for all four kids.
I had a crazy day from the early hours. Saya again pulled off another sleepless night, waking up at 1:30, 4:30 and 7:30 am. Saya had a 6 mos well check at 9:40 am, so after packing Sean's lunch and seeing him off, I hopped on shower to go to the clinic. At the clinic, the nurse tells me that Saya can get the H1N1 Flu vaccine on top of the regular flu shot (along with other 3 shots) and if I bring my other kids in today, they can also get the Swine Flu vaccine. I knew that the particular vaccine is in short supply, so I took Saya home and brought the twins to the clinic immediately. I've decided to wait on Sean because he already has a Flu Shot appointment on 11/3 and he can get it then.
I quickly made pork and veggie soup for dinner while Amy fed lunch to the twins, filled out the forms I am supposed to bring for Sean's Social Group Therapy at 4 pm. After Sean came home, I buckled all four children onto my minivan and rushed to the therapy appointment. I drove around for 50 minutes while Sean was in therapy (Aly was screaming at the end), picked him up and drove home singing loudly so that the kids would stop crying. Dinner for kids went easier than normal as Sean was willing to eat eagerly and so was Noah. Those two are the pickiest eaters and struggle at dinner!
So, that was my day. I still have dishes to do, toys to pick up but I am saving them for Mike :-D
Saya's Stats:
18 lbs 14 ounces 90%
28 3/4 inches long - way off the chart
The nurse said that she is the tallest 6 months old she's ever seen~

No comments: