Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

Family Portrait~
She is supposed to be a superhero, but is it just me that she looks bad?
Sean at circle time. Miss Nia in the middle


Sean washing his hands

Sean enjoying the cupcake!


Trick or Treating at school
Noah didn't mind the chicken costume!


Saya-chan looked cute in her bumble bee costume -- all my other kids had worn this costume!

I tried...


At Mike's building




Well, where do I start?!


The kids had a blast this Halloween, especially Sean. On Friday, he wore his Muscle Man costume to school and he was just out of his element all day having lots of fun. They had a little party at school, so I went to check it out. When I walked into his classroom, they were having a circle time singing a song. He was sitting facing the teacher and I quietly sat behind him. He was singing the apple tree song happily and he raised his hand to volunteer to stand on a little podium to do the dance! When he stood and faced me, he noticed that I was there, but he just smiled really widely and continued to sing and dance to the song. I was VERY IMPRESSED that he was participating in the activity and yet alone orderly following what he is supposed to do. This preschool business is doing him so well. After the circle time, we sat and had some Halloween snacks. They called out kids to wash their hands and Sean was the first one to line up to wash his hands!! WOW! After the little feast we went to do some trick or treating within school. Sean was so polite and well behaved, I swear he was the best one in the class. The teacher told me that Sean is just a very happy boy and he is all but smiles in school. Sean insisted on riding the school bus home, so I put him on the bus and drove home alone. It was such an eye opener that now I believe Sean is capable of doing so much more than what us parents previously thought!


After school, we changed Aly, Noah and Saya into their little costumes and drove to Mike's work. They allow kids to do trick or treating in the office every year. This year was a little quieter than normal because Mike's team had moved to the new posh building in downtown Bellevue. They had a main event at the Redmond but we did not go there this year. It was good that we didn't go to the big party because the kids would have wondered off and gotten lost. Mike's new building has a luxurious shopping center on the first few floors called Nieman and Marcus. We kind of checked it out and took some photos there. It was fun but it also was getting late so we hurried home to have dinner.


The Halloween day was a little crazy and hectic because we, as always, try to cram too much into one day. When we got home around 5:30, the neighborhood kids were already starting to knock on the doors, so we hurried and fed the kids in front of the front door so that they won't miss any action. Sean and Daddy went out to knock on the neighbor's doors after dinner while I stayed home with the babies to hand out candies. We had a medium turn out this year. I think people were planning for a rain and they had probably arranged doing something indoors. Sean had a blast though collecting candies. When he got home, he dumped his bag on the couch and proudly looking at his stash. Later, I took Noah to meet one of my new neighbors. I shared my famous chocolate zucchini cupcakes I baked earlier.


By Sunday evening, the kids were super tired and pretty cranky. I call it a success though!!



No comments: