Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cookie Face



Mike always makes fun of me that he can tell what I ate by looking at my face. I guess my kids took after me. I have varieties of snacks at hand in the cupboard these days because I am trying out different gluten and casein free products. Whole Foods carries a decent selection but Trader Joe's has quite a bit of salty snacks without the allergens. The sweets are the tough to find as most of them do contain wheat flour or milk. I found a brand called Udi's http://udisglutenfree.elsstore.com/ and their breads and even muffins are superb. I certainly can't tell the difference and nor can Sean.
On another note, Saya has finally started to sleep longer at night. She now sleeps from 9 to 5 straight and it is a big improvement. She also sleeps in her own crib in my room. After 13 months of interrupted sleeps, I finally can sleep longer than 5 hours now! If I only go to bed earlier...
Sean's teacher called me to thank me for the snacks I donated to his class. She said that Sean's a super sweet boy who follows directions very well and never disruptive. I am glad he is doing well at school. I just can't figure out why he acts out so much at home. Malawina, Noah's ABA therapist, is going to start working with Sean on Fridays, so we'll see what she suggests us doing. At least he is capable of listening to adults.

No comments: