Thursday, October 7, 2010

Saya's Latest Happenings

This little girl is going to be 18 month old at the end of the month. She is a funny and adorable little girl we cannot get enough of. Here are some things she does these days.
- She often calls for me "Mama?" and I ask her back "Nani? ("what is it?" in Japanese) and today I called her name and she came around the kitchen corner saying "Nani?".
- She likes to tackle Noah down. I tell her that is not nice because poor Noah whines when she does it. Maybe she's watching too much football, thanks to Daddy.
- She is the most responsive in our house. I ask something to other kids and here she is raising her hand and saying "haai! (yes in Japanese)" while my other kids ignore.
- So far, she is an excellent listener. When I tell her no, she stops. Today, she was found playing in the cat's room downstairs, taking something out of a drawer. I asked her to come out from the room and she marched right out but turned around and went back in the room. I was ready to ask her to come out again until I realized that she went back to put the item away in the drawer.
- She says "gochiso samadeshita (thank you for the meal)" whenever she wants to stop something. I guess she thinks it means all done. For example, when she is in the stroller and wants to get down, she repeatedly says "goshisosama" with hands clasped together.
- She likes it when I pretend to eat her belly. Her belly is super soft and snugly.
- She likes to say "oh-ohh" when ever she drops something.
- I can have a real conversation with her because I tell her something, she nods and says "yeah" or "un (yeah in Japanese)". Grandpa the other day asked if Saya could use a high ball and she nodded in a serious face saying "yeah".

No comments: