Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Girls...





My two girls are inseparable now. The first thing Saya says these days when she wakes up is "Aly?" , "Where is Aly?" Alyson is terribly bored when Saya is napping and sometimes tries to intentionally wake her up. They are very cute together, but they do fight quite a bit. I have to break fights between them about ten times everyday. I grew up having no disagreements (except with my parents) at home, so I am intrigued that this is how children with siblings learn to express themselves and resolve conflicts! I have to remind myself that the fights between siblings are normal and the kids will make the same mistakes over and over again. I just have to be consistent with explanations and consequences so that eventually the kids would get it. I am glad that the girls like to play with each other and enjoy each other's company. It's fun to have two girls close in age (only 14 months apart). I can't wait till I move Saya in with Alyson so that we can set up the girls' bedroom with pink and yellow! 

Something to remember:
After dropping Noah and Sean off at Lakeside for therapies in Issaquah, I took the girls to the used baby and children's goods store.  I thought if they have a cheap used tricycle, I would buy one for Saya.  There was a yellow tricycle displayed outside (there was no avoiding...) and the price tag was $50!  I told Saya that I am not going to buy a $50 used trike and she threw a major, glass-cracking tantrum then!  So, I told Alyson that I can't go inside the store because Saya is throwing a tantrum and then Aly started to throw one, too.  Oh, boy.  I had two uncontrollable screaming children with me and I stood there at loss.  I told them that I can't go to the grocery store, either, because they are very loud.  That didn't help.  They wailed even more, so I had to put those uncooperative children in the car and went home.  I asked Mike to bring home some take outs because I couldn't buy ingredients for dinner.  That was a lot of fun. 

No comments: