Monday, May 30, 2011

Camano Island






I am a little ashamed to say that I'd never heard of Camano Island before. In such a short drive from my house, there exist a beautiful island with all natural vacation ambiance! On Sunday, Sean, Aly and I drove with the Collins to Camano Island to have a picnic and enjoy the beach. The weather was perfect, not breezy and not too warm, and we enjoyed the ocean air and good food Jen made. There were teenage boys playing frisbee game, other families enjoying hamburgers and desserts at the park and the time passed peacefully at much slower pace than usual. I enjoy outing like this and so did the kids. After the yummy sandwich, pasta salad and fruit salad, we headed down to the beach. The children quickly positioned themselves to throw rocks in the water. After they got bored with it, they started to collect seashells and explore the logs. Kevin had a good nap under the canopy and I bet it was very relaxing listening to the waves. We had a really good day thanks to the Collins. I am looking forward to exploring other areas close by this summer with family.


On the sad note, Mike's grandmother, Audrey, is not feeling well and Mike flew out to see her last night.  His brother, Aaron, is there, too, and they are having a quiet family time together.

No comments: