Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mr. A's Birthday Party!

Mr. A was Sean's classmate last year at Phantom Lake preschool.  He is the first one of his preschool buddies to turn six and he invited the entire family to his party at YMCA last weekend.  Six is going to be the new hot number in my house since Sean is already envious and nervous about turning six.  It seems to me that after turning six, the children's growth goes into the fast forward mode.  I mean, there is seven, eight and before we know it they are ten!  A part of me wants to keep my kids five and under, however I do want to retire someday and buy a two person kayak for Mike and I!

The kids had fun at Mr. A's birthday party.  I wish I had taken pictures of their cupcakes and cute Mr. Potato Head popsicle style cake.  They were adorable!  Maybe I will venture out of QFC cakes next year and do something fun like them!  Mr. A was very cute with a big smile as we were singing the happy birthday song.  It's one of my favorite moments, seeing a pure joy in their faces.  Soon, their smiley face become obligatory grin and they won't let us put a party hat on them...  I guess we should enjoy it while we can!  Thanks for inviting us to the party! 
Aly first licks the entire frosting and then work on the cake part.  Sean does the same!

Saya dived in as usual and got her face all messy! 

Noah was the messiest and ate two and a half cupcakes!

No comments: