Monday, April 16, 2012

Grandma's Visit

Sean and grandma at Spiritridge Multi Cultural Night - watching the performances.
Japanese kids performed Soran Bushi (old fisherman's dance) and gave updates of recovery efforts in Japan after the tsunami and earthquake disaster.


Sean and his fellow school mates singing school song.  Surprised Sean knew the lyrics in sign language, too.
Grandma in the house means, a suitcase full of new treasures.

Aly's last day at Learning Park - with Ms. Manami.

With Yuana and Elli at Crossroad.  This was the last palydate with them before Aly left for Japan.

They rode on all mechanical ride on toys there are in the mall.

Boy, where do I begin?  I haven't been so motivated to log on to blog lately and it shows in the number of posts in recent days...  We had some exciting things happen, but it's been a little tough lately.  I will write the good and the bad in the next few posts.

Today, I wanted to write about my Mom's visit.  She arrived on March 26th and stayed until April 2nd.  The children naturally gathered around her suitcase since they know grandma brought fun things from Japan.  The children were very excited to see her and so were Mike and I.  It meant the dishes gets done and laundry folded like a magic trick.  She was dragged into helping out Sean's school event the next day she arrived and she swiftly helped with setting up chairs and teaching children origami.  There is nothing my Mom can't do (well she is not into technology stuff) and I have a feeling she will always be a step or two ahead of me in everything (except technology things). 

I had a mixed feeling about her visit this time.  I told Mike that I am excited to see her but I had a cloudy feeling stuck in my chest and could not shake it off.  Her visit meant Aly's departure to Japan.  I felt extremely nervous about her leaving and was not able to enjoy all the things I normally enjoy when my Mom is here.  She was a great help as usual and we appreciated her love and care.  We just love Aly so much and we knew we are going to miss her terribly (and we are). 

No comments: