Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sean Eats Broccoli



This was rather shocking.  Sean ate a small piece of broccoli at dinner.  I steamed them for Saya and decided to put one on Sean's plate.  He is a very picky eater and I suspect he has neophobia in food.  He is afraid of trying new food, especially those that are green.  I tried to give him numerous times and each time he got upset, even putting one on the plate was a catastrophe.  Expecting another fit, I put one on his plate and fled the scene.  No yelling was heard.  He said "oh, broccoli!" casually like he didn't mind it sitting next to his sausages.  "If you eat the broccoli, you get a great job award for sure," I said.  He has been getting an award each time he does something good and we know he put a lot of effort in the action.  He had gotten several awards for taking the antibiotics when he was sick, for example.  He was terrified of that pink goo.  That sort of opened his mind up for putting something he's never thought of putting in his mouth.  Not expecting he would actually eat it, I glanced over and sure enough he was holding the vegetable.  Could it be really happening?  The next thing really made me proud!  He took a bite and chewed it and swallowed it!  Really, Sean Campbell??  He made faces, but he didn't seem to mind that much.  I suggested dipping it in the soup he was eating and he ate the reminder without a hitch.  I was so happy to see him finally eat a vegetable!   He was so proud of himself, he even ate an egg york after broccoli, which he had never eaten.  Go, Sean!  He received two awards that evening!

No comments: