Monday, April 9, 2012

Sean's School Concert



The kindergarten class and 1st grader at Spiritridge had a concert in mid March (I know it's been a while).  I am not good at keeping track of school events and this event was no exception.  As I said good-bye to Mrs. Fotherringham after school, she asked me if I am coming to the concert that night.  I immediately said "oh yes, definitely!" but my head was full of question marks bouncing around.  I needed to get more information - really fast.  So, I spoke to a Mom from other kindergarten class and she gave me the details.  Wow, I need to get my act together, I thought.  I called Nana and she agreed to come and watch the other kids while Sean and I attend the concert.  It was pouring outside that evening and it was one of those moments I felt I am barely above the water.

But Sean was quite happy and he was beaming on stage.  His green shirt made him stand out in the crowd itself, but he was also bobbing along with the rhythm of the song.  His body language told me that he really enjoys performing.  I don't remember which songs they sang, but the children were so cute.  Sean never sang the songs before at home, but he knew all the lyrics.  I was pretty happy to see him having a good time with his classmates.  Only three years ago, I was pleasantly surprised that Sean sang in front of his preschool class.  He has achieved so much so far and I am so proud of him!

I never wish to juggle the last minute oopsy schedule fix again, but it is bound to happen.  Minds well get used to it but I will read the classroom newsletter from now on...

No comments: