Monday, May 14, 2012

Sean's Dentist Visit



I was dreading the day I had an appointment to take Sean to see his dentist. Last visit was a nightmare according to Mike. He was terrified and he had a panic attack due to being extremely anxious. I almost wanted to ask Mike to take him since I thought we might need a man power to pin him down while the dentist checks his teeth.

Maybe I stress out too much for nothing. Sean was exemplary at the dentist! He was polite, he answered silly questions the assistant asked to make him feel relaxed, and he did everything the assistant and dentist asked him to do without a fuss! He was nervous for sure, but he held up and did great!

I am proud to say he had matured tons ever since he started the kindergarten last fall. The challenges he had overcome the past year such as being in a large classroom and learning to be on task alongside his classmates made him more confident in leaving the comfort zone and overcoming his fear. The dentist visit was another reminder how much improvement he is making. Way to go Sean!

No comments: