Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gingerbread House and Tree





Another Christmas tradition is decorating a gingerbread house with candies and icing.  We decorated a gingerbread Christmas tree, too, since I got it for sale after the Christmas last year.  Good thing they are not meant for consuming.  The cookies must be as hard as a rock after sitting for a year in our laundry room.   Gingerbread decoration is a requirement in my house and kids were looking forward to get their hands sticky.  I have to make sure they don't eat too many candies as they work.  Saya kept saying "just this one!" and ate a whole a lot of candies.  She squints her nose and smiles.  She is a very funny girl.  Aly told her "you are going to become a robot, Saya!" because I pretended I became a robot after eating a candy.  Noah wanted to swipe the icing and kept trying, but Sean was a very good gingerbread house security guard.  He got it just one time as you can see in the very blurry picture above.  The look on Sean's face is priceless!  It's a messy and noisy affair, but we enjoy decorating it together every year.  It's not a tradition I grew up with, but feels comfortably right as if I have always done it.  It's a reminder I am making someone's life and memory.  Being a Mommy is great.  I don't always feel like I am the best Mom, but I was a pretty cool Mom at least in my kids' eyes as we made our special gingerbread house together.

No comments: