Thursday, December 26, 2013

Snowday!



 
 
Much of Washington snowed on the last day of school before the winter break and lucky kids had their long standing wish come true: A Snow Day!!  I got a call from the school district at 6:30 am that the school is going to start two hours late and then within 30 minutes a second message announcing it's closing the schools entirely.  Coming from Idaho, it seemed a bit silly to close the school for a few inches of snow, but safety first - the bus drivers around here aren't used to the snow and so are the general public!  I haven't driven on snow for so long regularly, either, and it can be scary especially on the slopes.  My minivan feels like it won't stop although that never happened! 

Sean was too excited to stay inside and barged outside as soon as he was finished with his morning routine.  The girls followed him out later and they were little puppies jumping and giggling with excitement.  Aly laid down on the driveway and made a snow angel.  The temperature was not very cold and I knew the snow was going to melt quickly, so I let the kids play before they are gone.  Soon the neighborhood kids gathered and they were all playing together, making a snowman and instigating some snow fights. 

It was a perfect snow since it didn't linger around for days.  It was pretty much all melted by the early evening.  No fuss and no mess - that is the way I like it.  Now it was really starting to look like the Holidays and made everyone's day a bit more festive and cozy inside their homes.  I knew I had to switch the gear to higher number to finish preparing for Christmas.  It's one of the happiest times of the year and I sure was having fun. 

No comments: