Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sean and Aly Day at Seattle Center








 
I took Sean and Alyson to Seattle Center to see special Christmas events held there over the Holiday break.   Sean and Alyson are the two that fight the most and I wanted for them to have a bonding time away from other siblings as well.  The place was packed due to the Nutcracker performance by Pacific Northwest Ballet Company taking place nearby (the one I took my Mom to last year only to see her snoozing off next to me) and various other events held in each venue.  The kids were happy to mingle amongst the crowd though and enjoyed looking at the model train display in the Center House.  It was beautifully made and I was drawn to look at every detail of the town, people and train that they created.  What a fun for people of all ages. 

On the stage, a dance school was performing their Holiday shows and Sean and Aly were mesmerized by the costume and gracefulness of the dancers.  Aly said she wants to learn to dance and I will look for a dance school for her come next year.  Sean probably would enjoy dancing, too, but he is becoming too much of a tough guy lately and rather "play" football.  

Soon later they noticed a fun looking play area in the basement and convinced me to take them downstairs.  The basement houses Children's Museum and it's a popular destination for young families.  They enjoyed playing with the displays, in particular an area called "Global Village" where they have small scale replica of homes and shops from around the world.  Sean claimed a Japanese house "his house" and Alyson claimed a Philippino house.  "I will go to your house now," they said and happily played house together.  I was invited as a house guest in Sean's house.  I sat in a Japanese living room and was served an endless meal, which I enjoyed with at most courtesy  Sean really enjoyed playing house and it was so cute to see his innocent side inside his tall body. They could have played there for hours but it was getting late.  We set out home in the dark but greeted by Christmas lights lit everywhere in Seattle Center.  Above us stood the Space Needle with Christmas tree light above the "disk".    It was a very good day and I am excited to take another set of kids out sometime to enjoy each other's company. 

No comments: