Saturday, February 18, 2012

Busy with Birthday Parties!

Aly's best friend Yuana, her Mom and little birthday girl, Ellina.  She was very cute!

At Erik's party - getting a group shot of five six-year-old wasn't easy. 

Sean was a "kitchen helper" this morning making his GFCF cupcakes.  He loves to help in the kitchen.

Saya at the community center today.  She looks like a monkey once I saw in Minou Mountain.

Aly was trying hula hooping today.

It was super cute.  Ellina was crying to be carried by her big sister. 

One year is a cute age.
February is our birthday month since the twins were born on the 11th and Sean 27th.  Children's birthday parties take a lot of work with menus, goodie bags, decorations, not to mention the dusting duties I avoid doing unless I have company.  With one done and one more to go, my mind is always occupied with the ideas for Sean's party next weekend. 

It's a busy month for our friends' birthdays, too.  Sean was invited to his buddy, Erik's, birthday party last weekend and all kids were invited to Aly's best friend's sister, Ellina's, party today in Renton.  Erik's party was a drop off party, so it was easy on my part.  Sean had a lot of fun and he enjoyed playing with his old buddy from Phantom Lake preschool.  Ellina's party was at Renton Community Center and the set up was pretty nice.  They rent out a racket ball court with a bouncy house and some toys. It's enclosed, so kids can run around freely without constant supervision.  Noah had to stay home with Amy since I was not confident enough to take all four kids with me to a new place.  But I think it would have been OK since the area was enclosed.   The kids had a very good time and it wore them out!  They all fell asleep without a protest.

I think I will officially call February the busiest month in the Campbell household.  The party preparation and execution take up the entire month and my mind goes high and the bank account goes low.  That is how February goes for who knows how long, until the kids stop having parties. 

No comments: