Friday, February 24, 2012

Mid Winter Break




I honestly thought that these mid season breaks are just for preschools, but I was so wrong!  Spring break being a month away, I do not understand why there is a week long break in the middle of February, but it is what it is.  The break in routin does affect my kids a lot, so I am trying to keep them busy and let them know the schedule of the day in advance to avoid melt downs. 

Today being Tuesday, Alyson had her Japanese class and Noah the ABA therapy at home.  After dropping Aly off at her class, I took Saya and Sean to the Crossoroads Mall to play.  The kids rode all the mechanical ride-ons and had lots of fun.  Sean and Saya are the awkward siblings...  Sean, I think is jealous that Saya and Alyson are best playmates.  He is often mean to her and I think it comes from jealousy.  An argument between them can start as easy as Sean doing something naughty and Saya yelling at him "no, Sean!".  They would eventually start hitting each other because little Saya would not just cry and give up.   I would seperate them but little fire cracker Saya would jump on Sean to square things out in her little mind.  Oh, boy.  Maybe I should let her take wrestling.  Having an outing with just two of them might help improve their relationship, maybe. 

So, my job now is to keep the kids occupied so that they won't drive me crazy from boredom.  Parker came over on Tuesday afternoon for a playdate and Sean went to their house on Wednesday morning.  I was hoping to get some free time so that I can buy things for Sean's party on Saturday, but with four kids hanging around me most of the day, I had no chance.  I will have to do all my shopping on Friday morning when I just have Sean with me.  

Sean is pretty happy, though out of routine does make him throw a huge tantrum at least once a day.  He sits at breakfast and asks me smiling "is it a school day today?" knowing very well that it is not.   He will be a happy and over-excited guy when he sees all his friends at the party.  I need to bake two cakes, one GFCF and the other regular for the party.  I will be baking away tomorrow night after the kids go to bed.  I guess I better sleep now so that I won't be too tired for my solo baker's party at night!

No comments: