Saturday, November 14, 2015

Fall Photoshoot and Gym






It is that time of the year again to start thinking about Christmas cards.  The weather has deteriorated for the past few days and I wasn't sure if we get any chances to take nice pictures of the children.  I noticed that the leaves from the large Japanese Maple in the front have fallen and making our driveway look like a orange carpet, so I decided to have the children play with them and take their pictures.  Children look the best when they are naturally smiling.  No matter how naughty they might be, they look like angels!  My kids are still innocent enough to get immersed in play and forget that I am taking pictures of them.  I think the pictures turned out well.  I already started to make the card and it looks very cute.

I was so wiped today, like my arms and legs have weights strapped on.  I suffered greatly in yoga this morning and I could not even do basic poses properly!  I think it is because I worked out way too much this week.  I wrote that I am angry at my body right now and I hit the gym like I can literally sizzle out the weight as I work out.  That did not happen of course as it takes time, but I am left with a pretty burned out muscles!  Mentally, I am as energetic as usual but I was yawning a lot all day.  I will take it easy next week maybe reducing the gym frequency to two from five! 

Microsoft offers a membership to a pretty awesome gym at a reduced price.  It is a high end luxury gym and it offers three massive cardio floors with varieties of equipment, one brightly lighted, the other slightly dimmed and a darkroom where you can only see the floor lights and TV.  I always use the dark room because it seems cooler and it is next to their gigantic free weights room.  The gym has 4 floors (two in the basements) and it is ginormous.  I got lost in it once trying to find the workout room on the bottom floor.  The women's locker room is awesome as well. It has a spa that has a steam and sauna rooms plus two hot tubs which look like a Turkish bathhouse.  It has two restaurants and four clean pools that hold the family swim time with floating bouncy on the weekend.  I feel pretty lucky to have an access to such a superb gym. 

So, the cards in order and I am on my way to getting my body back before the holidays.  I don't know why I'd bother.  I know I am going to overeat during the Holiday.  Mike's going to Japan with Sean and I am in charge of the rest of the children for two weeks!   I am going to worry about it later.  At least I am training by brain to think Gym = Fun!

No comments: