Monday, November 16, 2015

Sunday Gotta Do's












We live in a land where every Sunday is ruled by football games.  We have to arrange the outing or not go out at all if our favorite Seahawks is playing.  Even if the Seahawks isn't playing, there are a few games on TV to keep the big boys glued to the TV.  I don't like that one bit!  In my opinion, how could you even sit in front of the TV that long watching an almond shaped ball thrown around and a bunch of grown men in shoulder pads and helmet crash into each other?  I don't mind watching the home team play, but I can't invest my time over which team wins if they don't relate to Seattle.  Mike and his friends play the fantasy football, so they are glued to what happens to his picked players.  He busily rallies his eyes from his phone to TV as if he is waiting for a lucky power ball number to match.  Looking my boys watch football makes me feel heavy.  Like a rock.  Because they kind of become a rock, unwilling to move their bums away from the TV room.

I finally said to Mike "let's do something fun just for a short while!" and he didn't seem interested at first, but I managed to convince him to go to Snoqualmie Falls since I read on the news that the famous fall has unbelievable amount of  water due to heavy rain we had for the past few days.  To get everyone on board is always a challenge in our house.  We have to make sure everyone went potty before we leave and pick the right jacket to wear.  There is always one of them whining, discontent of the plan we set.  We always manage to get out fine in the end, but we are often shaking our heads driving away from our house thinking why does it have to be a chaos every single time?!

When we got on I-90, we spotted snow on the mountain!  Our first snow of the season.  We are hopeful we will get more snow this year compared with the sad result from last winter.  Maybe we will try skiing this year or at least sledding.  The kids love to play in the snow.  Things surrounding me are reminding me more and more that Christmas is coming soon!  Oh boy, am I ready!?  We saw more snow as we got nearer to Snoqualmie.  It is only 20 minutes away from our house yet the air is crisp and fresh.  We parked the car and walked together to the main attraction.

The reason why I wanted to go out was because I wanted Noah to experience and see different sites as much as possible.  I also wanted Noah to learn walking nicely with us.  He used to try to run away or scream when he can't drag us to the place he wanted to go.  He is doing that less and less and I think these little practice outing helps.  Mike held his hand and he did great!  I am happy he walked calmly and didn't scream.  The only time he cried was when we started to walk back to the car.  He was having so much fun, he didn't want to go home!  I lost Mike, Noah, and Aly towards the end and Sean, Saya and I looked for them up and down the path, but we couldn't locate them.  Finally, we walked back to the car hoping they are waiting for us there.  That wasn't the case.  I forgot my cell phone in the car, so I could not call him.  While waiting, we noticed that the woods behind the parking lot is dark and pretty.  Sean wanted to pose for some photos, so we had a mini portrait session then until we reunite with Mike's team.  Saya joined in, too, and we took some cute pictures of them.  Sean's a tough model now since he demands to see the photo I took and give me an advice on how it should be taken!  He is such a know it all.  I feel sorry for his future wife!

We had a great day even though Seahawks lost.  I don't know what happened to our Superbowl champ!  We certainly lost the bling this year.  As everything on earth have waves, I guess Seahawks is having a downward wave now.  I am glad I am not so attached to football like Mike anymore so that my mood won't be swayed by the team win and loss!  Have a great week everyone.

If I have Russian, French and Lebanese readers, I wanted to let you know how deeply sorry I am for what happened to your fellow countrymen, women and children in recent days.  As a citizen of this beautiful planet, I feel lines on our map and which God or no God you believe in are all invisibly tiny part of the green, blue, brown and white you see on a picture of earth.  If we could all see with our naked eyes how beautiful our planet is maybe we can all realize our true mission in life is to protect our home, our big home, for the future generations.  I can only dream about peace but someday it is possible. 

No comments: