Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Red Carpet Event







Jen and I had a little adventure in a place where I have never imagined, the mall!  We were invited to a special VIP event to kick off the opening of the UNIQLO Seattle from a person who dressed like a baby piggy-backed behind grandma in Capital Hill on Halloween.  We befriended the "baby" named William and it happened that he was the store manager for the new UNIQLO that is to open.  He graciously invited us to the VIP invitation only event flocked by fashion bloggers and we were glad he did! 

I shop at UNIQLO in Japan often because I like their basic design, higher than average quality and price.  They have a weekly sale and I looked forward to Thursdays' flyer for the weekend sale.  I was very happy to hear the news about it coming to Bellevue.  I no longer have to stuff my suitcase with my purchases from Japan!  My shopping life is definitely getting better.  Bellevue is currently reinventing the city-scape and scenes.  Despite being one of the richest cities in America, driving around the city never gives the impression.  There are old strip malls with poor designed parking lots, stores are spread apart so much that people have to drive everywhere, the main roads are congested and panhandlers are on every corner... It is going to change though with the new business district springing up and the light rail system coming to Bellevue.  I do like old buildings and city with a character, but I am excited for it to become a more organized and efficient city. 

Back to the main subject... Jen and I had a lot of fun at the UNIQLO party.  They served hors d'oeuvre and had a couple of bars to get some drinks.  There were many people who were way more stylish than I was mingling happily.  Jen and I checked out the whole store, touching things and finally trying out some jackets and skirts.  The products were the same as in Japan, except they did not have children's character T-shirts.  I was hoping they do since my children like Japanese cartoon characters.  We saw William but he seemed busy so we didn't want to disturb him.  I had a special item in my bag, Sean's football, because I knew a Seahawks player was going to be there.  I was looking around the store and spotted Jermaine Kearse and his wife, Marisa, talking to someone.  In Seattle, spotting someone famous means seeing Seahawks players.  I was very excited to see him there and I was determined to get his autograph for Sean. 

After the Japanese sake barrel pounding ceremony, I approached Jermaine and took a picture together.  He was a darling young man with very clean look.  I asked him if he could sign the ball and he said "sure!" and signed it.  He was smaller than Mike with tiny waist.  I wondered what it feels like to be able to move so nimbly on the field.  I wondered what it must feel like to be a professional athlete.  A very far world from mine but he was very friendly and nice.  I also got a photo with Jermaine's wife, Marisa.  She is a Lululemon model (high-end yoga brand) and stunningly beautiful girl.  I didn't know she was a graduate of University of Washington.  She must be a very smart girl as well!

We ended the night with a happy hour at Applebee's on the way home.  We had a lot of fun!  We now need to be invited to Zara's opening gala.  Anyone want to invite us!?

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Great to see this red carpet event. I am very happy to see you guys enjoying there. I am invited to my friend’s party at one of Venues in San Francisco. She is going to do all the arrangements by herself as she is learning event planning ideas. Hope everything will be best.