Sunday, November 8, 2015

Yoga Photoshoot






I took my friend and Yoga teacher, Hanae, to the lake to take some artistic pictures of her a few weeks ago.  It was a warm gorgeous day, a bit too bright for picture's sake, but perfect otherwise.  My professional grade camera is amazing and I still feel a bit swallowed by the more complex set ups and not so user-friendly interface.  More practice is needed but I am starting to get a hang of it. 

Hanae is amazing.  She is a pretty girl to begin with but what she can do with her body is a photographer's dream.  She is strong and super flexible.  I have been learning Yoga from her since February, but I am terribly inflexible still.  I am starting to think maybe there is something wrong with my joints!  I gained some muscles but I haven't lost any weight, therefore I look thicker than before.  I should not worry about my size as long as I am healthy, but I do miss being told "you are so skinny!" 

The photoshoot went well.  As an on location photographer, I have to look for the perfect background, light, and pose.  There are also details such as the angle of the face and body, whether the eyes should look at the camera etc... which if you are not in tune with the subject and the location, it gets overwhelming sometimes.  So many choices to make while you are having a light conversation with the client.  In the end, though, I look through the lens and know.  I sometimes do a 360 degrees shooting to see which angle is better.  When it is right I know.  The realization comes though the lens plus when I edit at home.  Like picking a perfect word in a poem, it feels right when the picture becomes as perfect as it can be.

I feel like an artist now.  I am certainly building confidence with every shooting opportunity I get.

Thanks, Hanae!

No comments: