Thursday, January 29, 2015

Starting Yoga



I stopped by at the demonstration garden today in Lake Hills to see if there is something worthwhile photographing.  I like having my camera with me at all time since I can make sure I don't miss the opportune moment.  Today was a gorgeously sunny day unlike the usual gray and drizzly Seattle weather.  I saw many people out walking and riding bikes, enjoying the sun.  There weren't too many lively plants at the garden, but I found some pretty things out there.  Some of the garden patches were covered by woven coffee bean bags from overseas.  I thought that was very interesting.  It's trendy now to make bags out of those things and I was looking at them and transforming them into cute tote bags in my head. 

Thursday is a busy day for me since I usually have some kind of engagements like volunteering for 1st graders and meet up with friends in the morning.  I also go to my friend's Yoga studio for a lesson.  I've decided to do Yoga because I am over 40 and I need to make sure I become more flexible to avoid having any posture problems in the future.  My body had taken a dramatic change after giving birth to four precious children.  I no longer stand the same way as I used to, my hip is certainly wider, and my stomach muscles have stretched so much, it has a big gap in the middle.  If someone wants to stab me, a good place would be right in the middle.  I often look at women with perfect body on the web and magazines and sometimes they motivate me and sometimes send me to thinking they are of different species.  It may take a while, but I want to get my body back or even become healthier than when I was younger.  I am counting on Yoga and chiropractic.  I've decided to stick with Yoga and be the granny who can do neat yoga poses in old age!

No comments: